Flower Care Tips
- Recut flower stems under water with a sharp knife. Remove a half inch to one inch portion of the stem, plus any leaves that will be below the water line.
- Always keep flowers in a cool location—away from heat, drafts and direct sunlight.
- Use floral preservative, available from Village Florist to make your flowers last longer.
- Without preservative, recut flower stems, change the water, and clean container daily.
- Add water daily to bouquets arranged in floral foam.
- Place arrangements in cool place away from heat, drafts and direct sunlight.
Flowers to Wear
- Carry corsages and other body flowers in the florist’s box to your destination. Pin or put them on once you’re inside.
- Guard flowers from sudden exposure to cold air.
- Always wear flowers blossoms up, stems down.
Green & Blooming Plant Tips
- Follow directions on the plant card or ask Village Florist for complete plant care instructions.
- Place plants near a window with eastern or southern exposure.
- For green plants, use artificial light when natural light is not available.
- Do not place plants over radiators or in drafts.
- Keep the humidity in the room as high as possible for blooming plants.
- Thoroughly wet all of the soil and allow excess water to run out of draining holes. Plants should never sit in water.
- Blooming plant soil should be moist; inspect soil moisture daily.
- Water requirements for green plants vary; check the soil moisture weekly.
- Avoid using softened water.
- Avoid sprinkling water directly on leaves.
- Plants grow best with proper light and moisture, adequate temperatures and a little plant food. Use fertilizer only when plants are actively growing.